5 Ways to Get Organised in the New Year December 18th, 2012
I don’t know about you but I am finding myself rushing about like a headless chicken this month. Business tasks have to be done and completed before I shut up for the holidays. Then I have to make sure that the children are sent to school with all that they need for each different thing that they are doing, and ferried to the right activities, parties and concerts after school. Of course I also have to make sure that our family Christmas is planned and sorted behind the scenes, so that nobody is even aware that anything has happened until Santa visits on Christmas Eve.
I’m sure I’m not the only small business mum feeling a bit overwhelmed at this time of year. I have very nearly dropped a few balls already, and I am cursing myself (as usual) for not being a bit more organised, in my home life and in my work schedule and routines.
So when I do get a minute to sit down, you will find me at this time of year, making a start on my New Years Resolutions, reading up on some ways that other business owners get organised, so that I can hopefully pick up a few tips. Here are some of my favourites:
- How to Organize and Simplify Your Business Lifestyle – Under30CEO ….. set up some filters that automatically organize and send messages like bank statements, bills, and other regular emails to designated folders that you create. Businesses will always be more productive this way.
- DivineCaroline – Organize Your Business – And Your Life – DivineCaroline … Organize your hard copies. Organize your contacts. Most computers today come with software (such as Microsoft Outlook) that makes it easy to organize your contacts. It’s Monday morning and you’re reviewing your calendar.
- Organize Your Workspace for Maximum Productivity – Gina Trapani – Harvard Business Review http://blogs.harvardbusiness.org/trapani/2009/06/organize-your-workspace-for-ma.html …As you pilot your way through the business day, your workspace is your cockpit. If you can’t see the gauges or reach the controls quickly and efficiently, you’re in trouble.
- Organise Now …Step #1: Toss out most of your mail Business people tend to get a lot of unsolicited mail (electronically and hard …
- How to Organize Your Small Business Records – For Dummies Dealing with the paperwork is a large part of running a small business. The following table suggests essential file drawers to label in an actual file cabinet or two …
Would you describe yourself as organised? What do you do to hold yourself together? Or what are you planning to do better in 2013?
This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 18th, 2012 at 2:01 pm and is filed under - Business Planning, - Get Motivated, - Get Organised. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.